2007年10月7日日曜日

ギリギリ、the only way I know how to live

So I came down here under the presumption .. or the pretext .. the uh, premise? That I`d be working 2 jobs right away, which would allow me to save up for a place to live within the first month. Turns out I was only half right. I`ve got the night job, slinging absinthe, mojitos and shisha at cafe .. Absinthe, which is nice because it`s like 6 nights a week and I usually finish around 3AM, perfect timing for some late night partaking of house music and tequila (I pay for nothing since for some reason every person I hang out with over here is a local DJ), and then when the sun comes out, a trip to the gym, the coffee shop, and eventually either the library or park for a nap. That`s nice and all, but hardly something I`ll have the strength to keep up for more than a few weeks, one reason being that my giant yellow bag weighs too much for my bike rack and is making it increasingly difficult to get around.

I`m losing my train of thought because that Will.I.Am version of "Mas que nada" is now playing in the cafe, and for some reason I know all the words .. did I tell you I met him at a club in Osaka last month? He`s short, and he seemed bored to be there.

Anyway. So yeah, 1 job, and not 2, is not going to cut it at this rate. It came as a pretty big blow when they didn`t give me that other job I`d applied for (I told you I`d jinx it by actually trying for it), but immediately afterward I found another similar one and applied to that .. we`ll see how that goes this week.

My year of leisure in Tokyo is finally catching up to me ... it`s time to pay the price!

1 件のコメント:

Jim さんのコメント...

So how was the TGS?