2007年9月20日木曜日

Zankoku na tenshi no you ni

A few notes:

  • I won`t lie to you -- I`ve been in a pretty low place for the past couple of weeks. One of the main reasons is that my heart was recently stomped on by a girl in Osaka. We`d only been together for a very short time, but I thought it was the start of something wonderful ... turns out it wasn`t. Another big reason is I can`t find a f#$%ing job to save my life, though that`s probably because I`ve been very picky, specifically looking for jobs outside of Tokyo (where there are a billion work opportunities). Actually I thought I`d be able to find translating work in Osaka (I was successful with this as I was with the girl), so I put in my 2 months` (!) notice for my Tokyo apartment at the end of August. Result: No girl, no work, and pretty soon, no home. If I find this to be a recurring theme in my life, does that make me a born loser? I`m about to resort to drastic measures. No, not teaching English .. not that drastic.
  • There`s some new Evangelion movie playing over here, which I`m pretty sure is just Death & Rebirth over again with some added scenes (probably of Shinji whining, Rei trying on schoolgirl uniforms and Gendou riding around in elevators), but as part of its commencement or whatever, there`s an entire section of the Ikebukuro Tokyu Hands store devoted to crazy Evangelion merchandise. T-Shirts, keychains, mousepads, Zippos, figures ranging from a few inches tall to practically life-size, police tape that says Nerv on it, and beverages (just the other day I drank a can of tasty LCL). You want anything? An Ezekiel paperweight, perhaps? A mass-produced Eva with its arms cut off, half its head missing and its brain sticking out? Give me a holler, I`ll try to hook you up.
  • I was lamenting the fact that approximately 10,000 albums I want, no, NEED to have all came out within the last week or so, by bands including but not limited to: Between the Buried and Me, The Black Dahlia Murder, High On Fire, The Baroness, Manu Chao (??), Ministry, and to a lesser extent, Arch Enemy and KMFDM. I say "lamenting" because I had no money to spend on CDs at the time, and couldn`t bring myself to just download them like everyone else does. Perhaps as a reward for my anti-music piracy stance, yesterday I randomly found an envelope on the ground with $200 in it, so I`m treating myself to the first 4 on the list ... maybe 5. Good thing I have my priorities in order.
  • Also, it looks like I`m going to the Tokyo Game Show on Friday ... free pass and all. Not ticket, mind you -- pass. Suck it, Otaku! I`ve got connections! EDIT: Apparently tickets are only like $10 anyway. Oh well, I still feel cool.
Seems like things either fall into my lap or I don`t get them at all. Lesson here, and probably one I`ve stated over and over again: effort never pays off.

2 件のコメント:

Unknown さんのコメント...

I doubt any advice I could give related to females or job finding would be at all helpful. Instead... what is this TGS all about? Do you play video games, or watch other people play them? Please explain.

Unknown さんのコメント...

No idea! I`d imagine a bit of both, but more of the latter. Looks like I`m going Sunday instead, so I`ll let you know afterwards ..