2007年5月20日日曜日

Taking a not-so-needed break

Hola hermanos y hermanas ... you see that? I`m practicing my Spanish, for when I go to Spain .. the day after tomorrow. I`ll be there for a few days with Frank/Maletas and his f#$%ing Spanish Lady Friend, and then when they (or he) go(es) to Switzerland, I`m bouncing to the UK to roadie/groupie for my surrogate family Fluttr Effect, just like I did last April. I come back to Japan on the 1st of June, giving me like 10 days total in Europe. Not nearly enough, but still ..

You may be thinking, "What the crap does Dan need a vacation in Europe for? It`s not like he does anything to begin with!" You would be mostly correct. I don`t do very much, but that is not to say that I don`t have a lot of "jobs" for my most prominent employer which require me to be somewhere, in uniform, posing for long periods of time. For example, I just finished up a 7-day stretch of daily appearances at this new complex called Tokyo Midtown in Roppongi, where I had to go up on stage 10+ times a day to pose and assist with this sort of promotional/explanatory presentation .. no, it was not hard work, but I definitely had to be there. This weekend I`m in Fukuoka again (Dante and I cleverly call it Fuk-u-oka) for a Hawks game tomorrow I won`t be playing in, since I`m not a baseball player. This picture that I sent out via email to a bunch of people instead of blogging it for reasons I can`t remember is from the opening ceremony of a game back in April where I got to stand up at the plate and receive the first pitch of the game. I wasn`t allowed to hit the ball (that`s the tradition of the opening ceremony here), but I will say that I`ve been spending a bit of time in the batting cages lately, and I can hit 120km/hr pitches pretty consistently. What do you think, should I try out for the team or what?

In the meantime I will continue to live in hotels (the one I`m at right now is apparently like $300 a night) and spend my days as a f$%&ing poseur. Cheese, biatches.


Other notes of interest:
  • Congratulations to Mike and Heidi for having their kid
  • If you haven`t seen Grindhouse yet you are wasting your life
  • I think I drank this "complimentary" Chardonnay too fast. woooooot

0 件のコメント: