2007年6月25日月曜日

Moving along ...

Woozle wuzzle?

That`s me, up on stage in my baseball uniform before a non-receptive and bored audience, one last time this coming weekend. That`s right -- Mr. White is officially getting retired as of the beginning of July. R.I.P., Whitey ... it was a fun, bewildering and surprisingly long 15 minutes.

Where does that leave me? Going back to auditions, getting rejected left and right, doing 1-second-of-screen-time extra parts in TV shows for $300 a pop? Wasting night after night spending money on coffee, booze and game centers with similarly depressed friends, watching my meager savings and (also meager) prospects of any sort of substantial future slip away, nay, continue to slip away till I end up in a blue-tarp community by the age of 30? Not entirely unrealistic at this rate if I don`t change my course of action .. as Ngoc said once, "You need a curveball."

As I usually do when I need to think things through, last week I took off from the home base and traveled around for a few days. Nowhere glamorous, just caught a bus over to Kansai and hit up my old hang-out spots in Nagoya, Yokkaichi and Osaka ...


Thoughts! Sidetracked! I was going somewhere with this, too. Moral of the trip was, I need to move out of Tokyo. Probably sometime around the end of this summer. In the meantime, instead of worrying about how to "get in shape" this summer like I`d been doing, I`m going to read, study Japanese in preparation for the 日本語能力試験(2級) (and Portuguese in case I should someday end up in Brazil), and look for a job back over in the Kansai area, where I have more than 2 friends and can play some good Capoeira for a change. And in the more immediate meantime, I actually have somewhat of a busy day tomorrow, the first I`ve had in .. months, so I`m going to leave you for now ... hope all is well, and if it isn`t, that you`re doing something about it.

3 件のコメント:

アシカセ さんのコメント...

Only 2級? Your Japanese has to be better than mine by now, and I've already passed 2級.

As for moving, you could always give this area a try... simple and boring, but plenty of Brazilians.

bastardface さんのコメント...

フェタース殿! No way could my Japanese be better than yours, considering you`ve continued to use it in a professional setting for the past year or so, while mine has mostly been relegated to corporate slogans.

Actually, I got some study materials for level 1 last year, and then never signed up for the test ... this year I looked at some level 2 materials and decided it matched my current level pretty well, and would be a better starting point, considering I`ve yet to take the stupid thing.

Still rocking the Gifu? I`m not ruling anything out ... Screw Tokyo, is all I`m saying.

アシカセ さんのコメント...

I wouldn't so much as say rocking Gifu... more like hokey-pokey'ing it.